Request Form: Access/Delete Request
In certain jurisdictions, and subject to limitations and exceptions provided by law, you may have certain rights and choices regarding the data we collect about you and how it is used. Please complete the form below to exercise your right to access or delete your data, as applicable, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, in order to process your request, you will be required to provide additional information necessary to verify your identity. The information that you provide below will be used solely for the purpose of fulfilling your request.
Request Types: Additional Information
If you are choosing to exercise your right to access your data, as applicable, please note that:
- You can use this action to request access to or receive a copy of the personal data that Plaid stores about you (or which is held on Plaid’s behalf). Since Plaid is unable to assist you with accessing any personal data held by the apps you use, we suggest you contact the apps directly.
- We are in the process of developing an online portal at my.plaid.com, where some users with financial accounts in the US will have the ability to manage the financial data they’ve shared using Plaid. If you’re interested in learning more, we encourage you to visit my.plaid.com and create an account.
- You should not use this form if you are having trouble connecting to a particular app. For further assistance with your connection to an app, please contact the app directly.
If you are choosing to exercise your right to delete your data, as applicable, please note that:
- This action is not reversible, and will permanently delete your personal data from Plaid’s systems. Please note, however, that if you use Plaid in the future to connect one or more of your financial accounts to an app, then Plaid will once again obtain personal data about you related to that new connection.
- As permitted by applicable law, Plaid retains certain information about you for security and compliance purposes.
- This action does not delete the data from your apps, so you should contact the apps directly if you want to request deletion of personal data those apps may have stored.
- This action can result in a loss of data that's important to the apps that you are using, and may even impact your ability to use those apps. We therefore recommend that you contact those apps first before continuing if you have any questions about how the deletion will impact your ability to use the app.