Launch in Production checklist
Check off these recommended steps before launching your app in Production
Below is a list of recommended steps to take before launching your Plaid integration in production. While they might not all be required for the minimal operation of your application, the steps below will help to make your Plaid integration more robust, secure, efficient, and maintainable.
You must migrate to Production to use more than 100 live (non-Sandbox) Items. Note that Items created on the Sandbox or Development environments cannot be migrated to Production.
Follow the steps below to assist users in completing the Link flow, help ensure compliance with Plaid's policies, and avoid being billed for unneeded products.
For a more extensive and detailed list of recommendations for configuring Link, see Link best practices.
Handle callbacks beyond just
onSuccess in order to gracefully handle errors and build analytics around Link.
Storage & logging
Log Plaid identifiers and IDs properly to enhance security and make troubleshooting easier.
Ensure that the following identifiers are securely logged, as they are useful for troubleshooting purposes and may be needed when contacting support:
Plaid uses webhooks for many common flows. If your integration does any of the following, webhooks are required or strongly recommended:
- (All products) Your application is calling a Plaid endpoint for an Item repeatedly, over a period of time, not just immediately after Link.
- (Transactions or Investments) You are accessing transactions made after the end user linked their Item.
- (Auth) You are using automated micro-deposits for account verification.
- (Assets) You are creating Asset Reports.
- (Payment Initiation (UK and Europe)) You are initiating payments.
Link in update mode
Update mode is used to fix Items that have entered an error state (for example, because a user changed their password). If your application needs to access an Item repeatedly over a period of time, rather than just immediately after Link, implementing update mode logic is strongly recommended.