External resources to help build your Plaid integration
In addition to the docs here, Plaid has a collection of tools, sample code, SDKs, and videos to help you build your Plaid integration.
Our GitHub contains a number of sample apps to help you get started using Plaid!
Plaid Academy videos
Our YouTube series, Plaid Academy, is a fun and engaging way to learn about using Plaid.
Want to get started building a Plaid-powered application directly in your browser? You can do that with the Plaid Basics interactive tutorial.
Plaid offers several PDF guides with information from the docs provided in a step-by-step walkthrough format.
- Plaid implementation handbook
- Identity Verification and Monitor solution guide
- Income verification integration guide
- Assets solution guide
- Account funding integration guide for Auth, Balance, and Identity use cases
The Launch checklist provides a list of steps to help make sure your app is Plaid-optimized and production ready.
For information about official and community supported libraries for both the Plaid API and the Link frontend component, see libraries.
The Postman Collection provides an easy, no-code way to explore the API.
The Plaid OpenAPI file is available on GitHub. This file describes the Plaid API in a standardized way suitable for usage with tools for testing, client library generation, and other purposes that ingest OpenAPI/Swagger definition files.
Test data libraries
Credit attributes library
For the Assets and Income products, Plaid maintains a Credit attributes library of scripts that can be used to derive various useful attributes from an Asset Report or Bank Income.
Enrich test transaction library
For testing Enrich, Plaid provides a list of Sandbox-compatible Enrich transactions.
Plaid partners can unlock additional functionality, deepen your integrations, or even build out your integration for you! For more information, see the Partner directory.
The Partner directory is not a complete list of all Plaid partners; if you don't see the partnership you're looking for, contact your Account Manager. To specifically request partnership help with building your integration, contact Support and select "Building with Plaid" followed by "Plaid Partner Implementation Assistance".
Several third party developers have built resources to help you integrate with Plaid. Note that these resources are not built or supported by Plaid, and inclusion of a resource on the list below does not constitute an endorsement by Plaid or indicate that Plaid has evaluated the resource for correctness, security, or anything else.
- How to Build a Fintech app on AWS using the Plaid API and the accompanying sample app demonstrates how to build a Plaid app on AWS, using the latest Transactions Sync API. The app and tutorial incorporate AWS Lambda for webhook handling and Amazon Cognito for authentication.
- CodeSandbox has several sample apps that use Plaid.
- WebhookDB has a tutorial showing how to use their service to more easily manage Plaid webhooks.
- The CloudQuery Plaid plugin extracts data from Plaid and loads it into any supported CloudQuery destination, such as PostgreSQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, or S3.