Introduction to Plaid Exchange
Build the future of open finance
View a pre-build checklist to get an idea of what you’ll need to get started
Read diagrams and high level overviews on how the API works
The Plaid Exchange API provides integration points for Plaid partners who want to offer Plaid-enabled services for their account holders. API implementations provide partners with the following features and capabilities:
- Authenticate user-application connect events originating in Plaid Link
- Securely transmit rich PII profiles for account owners, beneficiaries, authorized signers, and other actors
- Provide up-to-the-minute accurate views of account balances
- Push notification of new transactions, and other activity, to Plaid apps in real time
- Create experiences in your own app that empower users to review and control the Plaid applications connected to their accounts
After integrating with Plaid Exchange, you can access dashboards and tools that provide visibility into the health of your connections in the Plaid network.
To get started building with Plaid Exchange, see Authentication and authorization.